Hi guys, Karol here. I know that Black Friday is behind us, but I do have a cool giveaway for you anyway.
Here’s a quick back story. A couple of months ago, I was approached by Packt Publishing to be the new author of their main WordPress book. It took some time, but finally, the book is live and we’re right in the middle of launching it. The title: WordPress 3.7 Complete.
The main idea for the book is to focus on teaching how to get your new WordPress site up and running in minutes, and without losing your shirt during the process.
It goes step-by-step through things such as:
- how to install WordPress in minutes,
- how to create content that’s optimized for the web and then publish it,
- picking the best plugins that your site really needs,
- picking the ideal theme,
- how to build your own plugins and themes,
- how podcasting with WordPress works,
- how to launch non-blog websites with WordPress.
I really did my best to make it as comprehensive as possible, with tons of illustrations and examples.
(By the way, the book is exactly 404 pages long…purely because what other length could a book about building websites be, right?).
But enough storytelling…
Here’s the deal.
I am willing to give away 1/3 of the whole book – 4 full chapters out of 12 – to 10 brave individuals (that’s you).
The only thing I’m asking in return is for you to kindly submit a customer review on the book’s Amazon page (link). The review can be as short or as long as you wish. Amazon doesn’t have any regulations about this as far as I know.
And I’m going to be right up front with you on this one. Amazon reviews help to spread the word out. They help a lot. The more reviews there are, the more Amazon will do to promote my book to people browsing through various related categories. But above all, I do appreciate your honest opinion about the parts of the book you’ll read. If you don’t think that it’s worth 5 stars, or 4 stars, that’s completely okay. As long as you’re honest when writing your short review.
The chapters that are part of the giveaway:
- Chapter 5, Plugins and Widgets, discusses everything there is to know about finding the best plugins for WordPress and then using them effectively. Plugins are an integral part of every WordPress site’s lifespan, so it’s more than hard to imagine a successful site that isn’t using any of them.
- Chapter 6, Choosing and Installing Themes, describes how to manage the basic look of your WordPress website. You also learn where to find themes, why they are useful, and how to implement new themes on your WordPress website.
- Chapter 7, Developing Your Own Theme, explains how to make your own theme. With just the most basic HTML and CSS abilities, you can create a design and turn it into a fully functional WordPress theme.
- Chapter 12, Creating a Non-Blog Website Part Two – Community Websites and Custom Content Elements, explores the endless possibilities of WordPress when it comes to using it to launch various types of websites. The chapter presents the second batch of our non-blog websites and explains in detail how to build them on top of a standard WordPress installation.
How to Participate
Just leave a comment here (“I want in, give me the book!”), and I will send you the chapters via email.
Oh, and please tweet about this if you think some of your followers could benefit from this giveaway too. Many thanks.
IMPROVE PAGE SPEED SCORE BY 78%
Find out how to get a higher score on Speed Test
Join our mailing list to receive your FREE ebook about how to boost your site speed, along with the latest news and giveaways.